|Kadam is the Indian partner of the CAT Alliance Limited (www.cat-alliance.com) headquartered in the UK and with partner companies across the World. The CAT Alliance can draw upon the experience of more than 14,000 professionals across 50 countries. Kadam is participating in several such projects within India at any point of time.
|Currently, CAT Alliance partners (COWI and Tauw) are co-operating with Kadam and Witteveen + Bos (Netherlands) in the following seminal projects involving contaminated sites in India:
- Identification of contaminated sites across India for the MoEF, with participation from the World Bank – this project is one of 3 allied projects which will ultimately lead to the formation of a formal Regulatory Process involving:
- Defining contaminated sites
- Identification, grading for seriousness and finally urgency for remedial actions based on a risk approach amongst other factors and finally
- Applying relevant remedial options
- Decontamination, covering and capping of the Dhapa Landfill (first phase) along with suitable after-use planning, at Salt Lake, Kolkata for the West Bengal Pollution Control Board (WBPCB), with funding from the World Bank
- A landfill leachate management and capping projectin the cities of Kolkata (at Dhapa, near Salt Lake) and at Kadapa for the Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB).
- The closure and capping costs of these projects are estimated at INR 70 crores in all. The projects have been tendered and are currently in the implementation phase.
- Decontamination of the Noor Mohammed Kunta (NMK) Lake along with relevant controls at the Katedan Industrial Area, Hyderabad, AP for the APPCB and other stakeholders, again with funding from the World Bank. The remediation cost for this project is currently estimated at ~INR 40 crores, with additional supporting projects on the anvil, to ensure that the remediation in sustainable over the long term
|List of Projects executed by KEC
|1. Projects of CPCB_MOEF
|2. Projects of Municpal Corporation
|3. Projects of Private sector
|4. Projects of SPCB
|5. List of Projects jointly executed by KEC, W+B, COWI & Tauw