- Hazard Identification –Study of chemicals stored, Chemical properties of chemicals, Identification of hazardous chemicals, Selection of failure scenarios
- Vulnerability Analysis - Determine the vulnerable zones, human population, critical facilities and environment
- Risk Analysis - Likelihood of a release occurring. Severity of the consequences
- Calculation of individual Risk: risk of fatality for someone at a specific location, assuming that the person is always present at the location, i.e. is continuously exposed to the risk at that location.
- Calculation of Societal Risk: is a measure of the risk that the events pose to the local population, taking into account the distribution of the population in the local area.
- Suggestion of safety measures and mitigations measures
- Disaster Management plan preparation